Location: Central Bristol
Start date: TBC
Contract: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Art Editor with a meticulous eye for detail, creative flair and the self-confidence to own a project, from start to a very polished finish. Joining the ever-growing Branded Content team at Immediate Media, your key responsibility will be our Scout Association portfolio, along with other titles.
Group Art Editor
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Art Editor you will work with editors and account managers to deliver a top-notch service to your clients. The role will involve delivering outstanding creative solutions for each publishing platform. Owning the project you will see it through from initial plans, laying out pages, to signing off on press. You will also look to develop your client accounts by coming up with creative ideas for the strategic development.
- Designing Scouting, Get Active! and other various supplements for the Scout Association. Working with the Editor and Account Manager you will ensure that each issue has the highest creative standards and reflects the Scout brand and outdoors/volunteering genre. You will always be looking to improve the artistic style of the magazine and will work with the Group Art Editor to ensure that the magazine reflects its readership
- Designing creative content for other brands, as and when we gain new clients.
- Looking to develop multi-media platforms for your clients and producing appropriate creative designs
- Taking on additional ad-hoc work as directed by the Director of Branded Content and Group Art Editor
- Representing your clients and others as and when required
- Being an ambassador for Immediate Media Branded Content
Skills and experience required:
- Thorough working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- 3-4 years experience working in the industry
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, managing your own time
- Knowledge of the print process
- Client facing
- Experience directing photo shoots/commissioning illustration
- Experience working in customer publishing
- Experience of working on new launches/redesigns including designing grids, page furniture, selecting font families etc.
- 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optician scheme
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free bike loan
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role along with recent examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th September 2012. Your application will be processed electronically – please use the subject line for the job reference only: JID 47
Please note that we are unable to process incomplete applications.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.