Location: Central Bristol
Start date: Oct 2012
Salary: Depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Brand Sales Executive to work on the market leading homes title Homes & Antiques Magazine.
About the role:
The Homes & Antiques team are looking for a dynamic and creative Brand Sales Executive to drive the title to new heights.
The successful candidate's ultimate goal is to outperform the market by maximising all commercial opportunities across the print, online and digital versions of the magazine. They will become a well known figure in the industry by masterminding new business, in addition to growing and developing existing relationships with both clients and media agencies alike.
As this is a high profile and demanding position, you will be a successful classified executive with a proven sales track record looking to move into a Brand Sales Executive role, an existing Brand Sales Executive in search of a new challenge or a sales person with an exemplary record in a challenging media related industry.
This is a key sales role selling to agencies and clients to maximise profits and achieve the budgeted revenue targets. You will also be responsible for monitoring market share and maximising creative and commercial ideas.
• To drive on-line revenues through the full range of on-line opportunities
• To introduce new clients to the business on a weekly/monthly basis
• To achieve and where possible exceed the required daily call time (60 minutes), effective call rate (15 effectives per day) and client/agency visits (2 per week)
• To maintain an excellent knowledge of the competition across all media
• To aim to generate a high and positive profile for yourself with all individuals internally and individual/organisations with whom we do business.
• Delivering targeted yield and revenue
• New Business/developing new revenue streams
• Account Management
• Developing a growth strategy for both new and existing clients
• Commercial and customer focus
• Drive and Resilience
• Influencing and selling
• Personal Organisation
• Information handling and providing solutions
Skills and experience required:
• GCSE Math and English / A Level or comparative qualification /
• Media sales experience
• 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Optician scheme
• Corporate gym membership discount
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest free bike loan
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com by Monday 15th October 2012. Your application will be processed electronically – please use the subject line for the job reference only: JID 51
Please note that we are unable to process incomplete applications.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.