13 August 2012
Job Title (fixed-term)
Department / Portfolios
Location: Central Bristol
Start date: 20th August
Salary: (depending on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become the editor of our two premium cross stitching magazines. Reporting to the publisher, you will work across both titles, managing a team of freelancers. You should have at three years’ magazine experience, be bursting with new ideas and have a good eye for design. An interest in needlecraft would be an advantage.
Catherine Potter/Cathy Parnham
About the role:
The role would suit a deputy editor or production editor looking for the next step, or a more experienced editor looking for a fresh challenge.
- Commissioning cross stitch projects
- Managing the magazines’ workflow and deadlines
- Liaising with technical team and team of freelancers to produce and edit the magazines to the highest standards
- Contributing to cross-stitching.com and managing the magazines’ apps
- Contributing at key events in the stitching calendar
- Representing the brands and building good rapport with the craft industry
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level
- 3 years’ magazine editorial experience
- Experience of scheduling and managing own workload
- Interest in needlecraft and wider crafts
- Online and social media expertise
To apply please submit both your CV and covering letter in WORD format detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
by 13th August 2012. Please quote “JID39
” in the subject line.
Please note that the HR application database is unable to read text in an email. It is ESSENTIAL therefore that your CV and covering letter are sent as attachments in WORD format rather than being incorporated in the body of the email.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.