Start date: mid April
Duration: Estimated 9 – 12 months
Salary: Subject to experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an editorial assistant to join this successful countryside brand. We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and confident person who will be responsible for the smooth running of the magazine on a day-to-day basis and take responsibility for our one of the magazine’s most popular sections - Great Days Out.
About the role:
This is a broad role with the job-holder expected to help out across in all aspects of the editorial team’s work. They will also be responsible for general administrative tasks and ensuring the smooth running of editorial and related processes.
• Source information and write some elements of the Great Days Out section –
• Assist the Production Editor with planning, subbing and copy editing tasks, ensuring the accuracy of every page, every issue.
• Manage general enquiries from external sources, both via phone and e-mail
• Help editor manage letters page and providing first edit on layout.
• Manage competitions and competition entries
• General magazine administration including filing and general office organisation
• Liaise with other departments – e.g. marketing, advertising, online as required
• Upload and generate information for the website on a weekly basis, including the production of a weekly newsletter.
• Help manage work experience.
Skills and experience required:
• Educated to degree level with a minimum of a year’s experience working in magazines or press
• Good knowledge and appreciation of writing for digital media
• Passion for the countryside and country matters
• 20-22 days holiday pa plus your birthday and Christmas
• Contributory pension scheme
• Optician scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Corporate gym membership discount
• Interest free bike loan
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit both your CV and covering letter in WORD format detailing why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 6th March 2012. Please quote “JID 19” in the subject line. Please note that the HR application database is unable to read text in an email. It is ESSENTIAL therefore that your CV and covering letter are sent as attachments in WORD format rather than being incorporated in the body of the email.
Immediate Media Co is a new force in consumer media and publishing, combining businesses formerly known as BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. The company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. With 750 staff in London and Bristol, Immediate Media Co will publish 34 websites and 50 magazines, with over 1 million subscribers, a brand reach of 11 million UK consumers. It will publish some of the UK’s best-known magazines including Radio Times, Gardeners’ World, Good Food, Top Gear, CBeebies, olive, BBC History and Homes & Antiques, alongside highly successful specialist titles including Focus, Perfect Wedding and Junior, as well as leading digital brands such as MadeForMums.com, loveyourhair.com and Visordown.com.