Location: Central Bristol
Start date: April 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic Editorial Assistant for Homes & Antiques magazine to help with all manner of tasks from admin to feature writing.
The deputy editor
About the role:
The job will be based in our Bristol offices and the successful candidate will be expected to research and write the news and events pages, VIP, plus some general features. They will also co-ordinate the Ask the Experts section; manage the content for our website homesandantiques.com, as well as source and manage various competitions. He or she will also be required to keep abreast of the antiques and interiors market; contribute at features meetings and to help out with general admin, from dealing with reader queries to sending out issues and filing.
He/she will also be required to represent the magazine at events. This is a rare and fantastic opportunity giving the right candidate the chance to write and develop professionally on a respected national magazine at an exciting time in its development.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level
- Good knowledge of English Grammar and good writing style
- Good knowledge of the interiors industry and design history
- Ability to multitask and to work to deadline
- Ability to identify with our readers
- Enthusiasm and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good knowledge of digital media
- 1-2 years experience of journalism
- Interest/knowledge of antiques/interiors market
- Good knowledge of current affairs
- Some knowledge of using CM systems
Immediate Media is a new force in consumer media and publishing, combining businesses formerly known as BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market-leading brands, great talent and technology IP, the company combines publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair.
We offer a friendly working environment with open planned offices located in the heart of Bristol.
Our benefits include:
• 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Optician scheme
• Corporate gym membership discount
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest free bike loan
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit your covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role, along with your CV and recent examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 February 2013. Please quote the job reference in the subject line: JID 78. Along with your application, please also write a One-Minute Guide on a topic that you think would be relevant to H&A (you will find an example of this feature in our news pages) and submit three feature ideas that you think would be right for the magazine.
Please note that we are unable to process incomplete applications.