Location: Central Bristol
Start date: 20/8/12
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an editorial assistant on the UK’s leading family history magazine. Associated with the celebrity genealogy TV series, the magazine helps readers research their own family history and we are looking for an enthusiastic addition to our team.
About the role:
The editorial assistant researches and writes our news pages as well as some regular small features, and manages our reviews and events section. The role also involves managing our web content and forum as well as all social media and dealing with reader queries regarding digital content. The assistant must be able to develop contacts within the genealogy industry.
• Researching and writing the latest, most relevant news stories
• Managing our events and reviews pages, including commissioning
• Writing our ‘Gem from the Archive’ section
• Managing our website including liaising with the editor about new ideas, adding new content, managing the forum and working with our online team on developments
• Managing our social media
Skills and experience required:
• Educated to degree level or higher
• A demonstrable interest in the magazine industry
• A good writing style and understanding of grammar and punctuation
• A keen interest in history or family history
• Experience of working with websites and digital media
• 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Optician scheme
• Corporate gym membership discount
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest free bike loan
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit both your CV and covering letter in WORD format detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com by Monday 23rd July 2012. Your application will be processed electronically – please use the subject line of your email for the job reference only, quoting “JID 38”.
Please note that the application tracker system is unable to read text in an email. It is ESSENTIAL therefore that your CV and covering letter are sent as attachments in WORD format rather than being incorporated in the body of the email.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.