Bristol Specialist and Women’s portfolios
Location: Central Bristol
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Full time
The Publishing team
About the role:
We have an amazing opportunity for a confident and experienced events specialist to join a vibrant and fast moving publishing company. You will act as an ambassador at all times maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, customer service and relationship management.
Your role will be to oversee each project fully, from concept to delivery. With multiple sized consumer, industry and corporate events throughout the year, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining budgets, liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and the full management of sub- contractors and supply chains.
Previous event management experience is essential.
• Assist with the development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery
• Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
• Communicating, maintaining and developing relationships across the business
• Managing supplier relationships and expectations
• Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
• Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to any team you are working with
• Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events, evenings and some weekends will be required
• Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish
• Devise and implement marketing communications for each event, using the most appropriate marketing channels and audiences
• Organising networking and celebratory events for the Bristol business
• Report back to the Publishing team on the success of each event and make recommendations for improvements
Skills and experience required:
• At least 3 years’ Event management experience
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Being able to work well under pressure
• Excellent communicator
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently
• Ability to lead and motivate the other stake-holders involved in any project
• Exception with budgets and cost control
• Exceptional at hitting multiple deadlines at one time
• Ability to use initiative and make decisions
Immediate Media is a new force in consumer media and publishing, combining businesses formerly known as BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market-leading brands, great talent and technology IP, the company combines publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair.
We offer a friendly working environment with open planned offices located in the heart of Bristol.
Our benefits include:
• 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Optician scheme
• Corporate gym membership discount
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest free bike loan
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com by 25th January 2013. Please quote the job reference in the subject line: JID 72
Please note that your application MUST be accompanied by a full covering letter to be considered.