Immediate Media are looking for a talented Front-End developer to join our Development team to work on several exciting projects. This is provisionally a 6 month role.
We are a subsidiary company based in Bristol, UK, developing websites for several magazine titles based on Drupal 6.
This is a hands-on software development role working with a team of Drupal developers on several exciting website projects, both for internal and external clients. You will be applying your CSS skills to theme Drupal sites based on design briefs, resolving theming issues with our Drupal developers, discussing requirements with the clients, as well as resolving styling issues with our existing sites.
- Excellent CSS(2/3) and HTML(5) coding abilities, to W3C standards
- Experience developing/using JQuery
- Solid knowledge of cross browser compatibility and cross browser testing
- Best Coding Practices
- Comfortable with SVN use
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Basic PHP skills
- Drupal theming experience
- Agile/Scrum project management exposure
- 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optician scheme
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free bike loan
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Employee recognition awards
If you feel you meet our requirements, and you are ready to take your Front End developer skills to the next level, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 28th September 2012. Your application will be processed electronically – please use the subject line for the job reference only: JID 50
Please note that we are unable to process incomplete applications.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.