Online / Digital Department
Location: Central Bristol
Start date: 9th April
Contract: Fixed-term (sabbatical cover)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative Multimedia Developer in a successful publishing company. You will film, edit and produce videos for a number of specialist title websites and create flash digital magazines for external clients.
The Head of Digital Development
About the role:
Working within the digital department you will produce all in house videos for our websites and digital offerings. You will work closely with the editorial teams to expand their brands through multimedia, creating innovative, quality videos and flash digital magazines
· Producing videos for digital magazines and websites
· Producing digital magazines in Flash
· Creating presentations for management and magazine teams
· Training and supporting staff on video editing software and filming
· Enthusing people to use multimedia (where suitable) to raise their brand awareness.
Skills and experience required:
· Excellent understanding of Final Cut Pro
· Experience with filming, lighting, microphones and on location filming.
· An approachable and encouraging manner to aid the editorial team members when using multimedia.
· Using flash and AS2/AS3
To apply please submit both your CV and covering letter in WORD format detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 12th March 2012. Please quote “JID 20” in the subject line.
Please note that the HR application database is unable to read text in an email. It is ESSENTIAL therefore that your CV and covering letter are sent as attachments in WORD format rather than being incorporated in the body of the email.
Immediate Media Co is a new force in consumer media and publishing, combining businesses formerly known as BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. The company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. With 750 staff in London and Bristol, Immediate Media Co will publish 34 websites and 50 magazines, with over 1 million subscribers, a brand reach of 11 million UK consumers. It will publish some of the UK’s best-known magazines including Radio Times, Gardeners’ World, Good Food, Top Gear, CBeebies, olive, BBC History and Homes & Antiques, alongside highly successful specialist titles including Focus, Perfect Wedding and Junior, as well as leading digital brands such as MadeForMums.com, loveyourhair.com and Visordown.com.