31 October 2012
PLEASE NOTE: Due to technical errors we did not receive applications in the period 19th Oct 2012 - 5th November 2012. If you applied for this position previously, please resubmit your application as we have not had a chance to consider it.
Location: Central Bristol
Start date: 1st October 2012
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly creative Web Designer to help continue the success and growth of a thriving portfolio of websites.
About the role:
Working within the Digital team you will be responsible for managing the design process and act as brand guardian for a portfolio of over 20 websites.
This is a challenging role and you will need to demonstrate and deliver a variety of solutions across a range of subjects. You will posses a keen eye for design and attention to detail, combined with the imagination to think up new concepts and the technical skills to create attractive, usable designs and style guides.
A passion for UX is important in order to improve any existing products and optimise new features for a range of user demographics.
The successful candidate will be coherent with the stages of web design and will be responsible for nurturing projects through briefing, creating the information architecture, wire framing, design, development and user testing. They will also be a self-organised learner and continually keep abreast of new technologies and software.
- Designing websites, e-comms, banner ads and app UIs.
- Image manipulation and compositing to a high standard.
- Working with internal stakeholders to create website design briefs and nurture projects through to completion
- Work as part of a team and assist team members where required
Skills and experience required:
- A recognised qualification in web design, multimedia or relevant subject
- 2 years’ experience as a web designer
- Good knowledge of IA, UX and user testing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in Photoshop or Fireworks
- Good communication and team working skills
- Competent with HTML and CSS and comfortable with technical jargon
- Exposure to scrum project management/Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS
- Experience with Flash, UX or wire framing software
- Familiarity with SEO
- 20-22 days holiday plus your birthday and Christmas
- Contributory pension scheme
- Optician scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Interest free bike loan
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Employee recognition awards
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
by Sunday 23rd September 2012. Your application will be processed electronically – please use the subject line for the job reference only: JID 53
Please note that we are unable to process incomplete applications.
Immediate Media Co was formed on 1st November 2011 following the merger of BBC Magazines, Origin Publishing and Magicalia. With an exciting mix of market leading brands, great talent and technology, the company combines a strong publishing heritage with digital platforms and entrepreneurial flair. Our wholly owned brands include Radio Times, olive, Homes & Antiques and highly successful specialist titles such as Focus, You & Your Wedding and Junior. We publish Top Gear, Good Food, EasyCook and Lonely Planet on behalf of BBC Worldwide as well as a number of other titles including BBC History, Gardeners’ World and the CBeebies portfolio under licence from BBC Worldwide.